Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000105 EndHTML:0000007673 StartFragment:0000002295 EndFragment:0000007637 -->
9/7/12
I have been meaning to get around to this since our sweet
little Charlotte was born 8 weeks ago but am just know sitting down to write
all about our life now. So lets jump back about 10 weeks. Daniel had been
training in Houston for a new job at FMC technologies during the last 2 months
of my pregnancy. Lori had just moved back and Mom was out of school for the
summer so I had lots of company but Daniel was only home a few of the weekends
throughout that time. Dr Asis had told me they could induce me at 39 weeks IF I
was making progress on my own so that we could kind of plan when Charlotte
would make her arrival so Daniel could be home. I had an appointment with Dr. Asis
on July 12th to check me but the week prior to this, I had made NO progress and
he told me it probably wouldn't happen until the 20th which was my actual due
date. On July 10th I started having what I believed were contractions. This
went off and on until my appointment and I was so sure I was at least dilating.
He checked me and I was dilated to a 2 and 75% effaced. He told me to go grab
some dinner and check into the hospital at 7pm. I gave Daniel a call and he was
headed home. My mom and me ate at On the Border and my Dad met us there then we
got some last minute things at Target. After getting checked into the hospital
they started cervidil. It was a medication that they place on your cervix to
soften it. They normally keep that in place for 12 hours but it took effect
quickly on me and was removed about 5am. After placing the cervidil they
offered me some ambien so that I could "get some rest" before labor
progressed. I took the ambien, and I will NEVER do that again. My contractions
were bad enough that I couldn't sleep through the pain, so I was just miserably
tired and couldn't sleep and quite frankly pretty out of it. After voicing this
to the nurse she offered me Nubain, a pain medication, to help with the pain so
then I could sleep. I don't remember this but apparently I agreed to that. That
just amplified everything. I was then more tired and more out of it and still
hurting. The pain was bad enough I had began throwing up and could not get
comfortable anywhere. Anyways around 8am I ended up getting my epidural and it
was heaven. Charlotte didn't respond very well to it and I had to adjust my
positioning often and was on oxygen until she stabilized. Throughout the night
I had dilated to a 3. I was checked again around 12 and was at a 5 and Dr. Asis
decided to break my water around 1 oclock. He told all the family with how I
had been dilating I would probably progress about a cm and hour and everyone
needed to leave and let me sleep. All I wanted to do was sleep so I asked the
nurse not to wake me for at least an hour. Daniel went to eat with his mom and
Lori,Heather and mom hung close. About 50 minutes later the nurse came in
because Charlotte's heart rate was dropping. I told her I felt pressure and she
checked me again and I was at a 10 and ready to push. Daniel walked in the door
right as she was paging another nurse to get the doctor there that I was ready
to push. I yelled for Daniel to call everyone. I was put back on oxygen and Dr.
Asis was there in no time. Lori, Heather and Mom were in the parking lot and
ran up to the room. Dr. Asis seemed really concerned, he yelled out for someone
to get the forceps, sonogram, and vacuum. My heart dropped. I knew I had to get
my sweet girl out. I could kind of feel my contractions and began pushing with
them. I had her out in about 30 minutes of pushing. 19 hours of labor my sweet
girl was finally here! 6 lbs 1.7 oz and 19 inches long born at 2:19pm on Friday
July 13th, 2012. Because I had progressed from a 5-10 so quickly she descended
in the birth canal so fast the cord had gotten wrapped tightly around her neck
which is what caused the drop in her heart rate. Then me and Daniel got 2 sweet
hours of skin to skin with our little unnamed girl at the time. It was such a
precious time. We tried to get her to latch on but weren't very successful. She
ended up getting formula and she still couldn't stabilize her blood sugar so
after a few feedings with no improvement our sweet girl had to get an I.V in
her left hand to get her blood sugar up. She had to stay in the special nursery
area for Friday and Saturday then finally Sunday morning we got to bring her to
our room. Those were the longest two days ever. I kept waking up in the middle
of the night to go to the nursery to see her and check on her. About every 3
hours I would go and try to feed her. She did good but after getting so sore I
stated to just pump and give her the bottle. She got 2 rounds of ampicillin and
gentamicin to rule out infection until they got the 48 hour cultures back. I
felt confident by Sunday that she didn't have any infection and by then she was
regulating her blood sugars well so I had them take the I.V out with the
understanding that if the culture came back Sunday night positive that they
would have to put it back in. The culture came back negative and we were so
ready to leave we pushed to leave Sunday night. Around 9pm we were finally
headed home with our sweet sweet Charlotte Elizabeth Lynch. She just looked
like a Charlotte and her daddy LOVES the name...I love it too! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment